This Calcined Alumina is made from high-quality industrial alumina, using a new high-temperature kiln, and is produced by scientific calcination. It is commonly used in the manufacture of advanced ceramic shapes, refractory materials and fused alumina abrasives. It can be compressed to produce a firing density of 3.8 or higher. It has a very high melting temperature and the ceramic made from it can maintain a high strength at temperatures above 110 °C. Therefore, many refractory materials use this Calcined Alumina to make parts that must withstand high temperatures. The calcined alumina can replace the silica filler in the porcelain. It reduces shrinkage and increases thixotropy, providing minimal knurling strength in the kiln to aid glaze blending and increase burning intensity. It is used for grinding media, cutting tools, high temperature bearings and various mechanical parts. Calcined Alumina has high thermal conductivity and higher thermal expansion than zircon.
● Widely used in refractory industry, ceramic industry, polishing industry , etc.
● Suitable for glaze ceramics, engineering ceramics, ceramic insulation, wear-resisting ceramics.
● Alumina is also used for electronic components, high temperature resistance porcelain, roller, textile porcelain pieces, circuit substrate, refractory materials, etc.
● It also can meet the requirements of hot die casting, injection pressure, isostatic pressing, rolling film, stretch film, grouting.
325mesh, 500mesh, 5um, 3um, 2um, 1um, 0.5um, 0.3um.
Other special spec. could be supplied as required.
● Crystal Form: Alpha Alumina
● pH：9.0 - 10.5
● Specific Gravity: 3.95 g/cm