Glass polishing steps:
First, the glass surface cleaning and preparation before the glass polishing
1. Cover the edge of the glass to be repaired with tape first to avoid staining the surrounding environment when the glass is polished.
2. Carefully clean the surface of the glass and the glass polishing sandpaper. Do not have any dust or sand attached.
3. Before polishing the glass, first use the marker to circle the part to be polished and repaired behind the glass to avoid excessive polishing area.
Second, use P120#, P240#, P400#, P600# glass sandpaper to eliminate glass scratches
1. Note that the sandpaper model here is different from the daily hand sandpaper model labeling, and can not be mixed with daily sandpaper.
2. Pour the polishing liquid solution as needed, and dilute it with water in a ratio of 1:1. It should not exceed 1:5. It is specially used for sandpaper polishing.
3, the scratch polishing must ensure that the polishing liquid is sufficient, sandpaper can not be directly polished on the glass surface at any time.
A. Deeper scratches (hand touch feels obvious): P120# glass sandpaper initial grinding --- then P240# sanding leveling --- use P600# sandpaper to polish again, so that the surface meets the polishing requirements, you can also omit this The item goes directly to the third step.
B. Slight scratches (hand touch no feeling but there are white marks): P400# glass sandpaper initial grinding --- use P600# sandpaper to polish again, so that the surface meets the polishing requirements, you can also omit this to go directly to the third step .
Third, change the polishing stock solution using a special polishing wheel to polish and restore the glass translucent
1. Wipe the glass cleanly to observe the sanding range. Apply the polishing liquid to the polishing wheel (use appropriate pressure, the polishing machine tray and the glass surface should be flat). If there is no polishing machine, you can use manual polishing to polish, pay attention to the moving speed. Don't be too fast, polish it carefully to ensure the effect.
2. If the gloss is not good, repeat the above steps.
Note: deep scratches over 100 microns deep, although it can also be polished and removed, but after polishing will affect the safety of the glass, especially the surface of the front windshield of the car is more than 100 microns deep scratches are not suitable for polishing.
Simply summed up: first use sandpaper wet grinding to gradually remove the marks, then polish and brighten with polishing pad and polishing solution